|Other Freelang resources|
|Stay in touch with Freelang|
|Help us promote Freelang|
|We also offer a French-Hmong-French dictionary on the French version of Freelang.|
|Live from the Blog|
St. Paul’s Magnet School located in Frogtown was the first country in America to offer a dual language program focusing on the Hmong culture and language and English. The school began its operations in 2006/2007 school year, with one kindergarten class and one first grade class and it has made a lot of progress since then. The school uses a 90/10 model, where 90 percent of the school instruction is done through Hmong and the other 10 percent of instruction is done through [...]
|Find us on Facebook|
Hmong is the common name for a group of dialects of the West Hmongic branch of the Hmong-Mien/Miao-Yao language family, spoken by the Hmong people of Sichuan, Yunnan, Guizhou, Guangxi, northern Vietnam, Thailand, and Laos. The total number of speakers worldwide has been estimated to be more than 4 million, including over 200,000 Hmong Americans. Some dialects are mutually intelligible while others are so distinct as to be considered separate languages.
Download our free dictionary (for Windows or Android) and browse both the Hmong-English and the English-Hmong lists. Look up a word, add or modify an entry, and learn words at your own rhythm from a personal learning list. Click here to learn more about the features or scroll down to download the program. An online version is also available, so you can browse the dictionary without downloading it.
Download our free dictionary for Android! Browse the wordlists, look up words and practice your vocabulary at your own rhythm. An online version is also available, so you can browse the dictionary without downloading it.
This dictionary was made by Renato B. Figueiredo.
List status: © Renato B. Figueiredo
Hmong > English: 8,864 words
English > Hmong: 7,873 words
Last update: March 21, 2014
First upload: October 15, 2007
We have more than dictionaries and translation! Check out our collection of common expressions translated in all languages, test your knowledge with our quizzes about languages, or learn more about language families. To stay in touch with us, read our blog about languages and follow us on Facebook.